The HUMA Research & Grants Development Hub has the mission to develop research and support researchers at HUMA and in the Faculty of Humanities to secure, manage, administer, and report on funded research.
The Hub is tasked with research development, increasing funding and output, research efficiency and reporting for researchers at HUMA and in the University of Cape Town (UCT) Faculty of Humanities. It is also tasked with working collaboratively with the University Research Office, Development and Alumni Department, Postgraduate Centre and Postgraduate Funding Office and relevant stakeholders to offer research and grants development support, such as training, competitive grants, fellowships, grants management and administrative support, among other.
As part of HUMA’s mission, the Hub aims to promote interdisciplinary encounters and cross-border collaborations that centre the humanities and Africa as a lens through which to critically interrogate the human. This aligns with the UCT Vision 2030 push to centre Afrika.
The HUMA Research & Grants Development Hub aims to:
- Locate funding opportunities for researchers at HUMA and in the Faculty of Humanities to apply
- Provide researchers at HUMA and in the Faculty of Humanities with the relevant training necessary for securing and administering funding and managing research projects
- Provide support to researchers at HUMA and in the Faculty of Humanities for developing collaborative and complex research proposals
- Provide researchers at HUMA and in the Faculty of Humanities with the space and relevant training for writing academic articles and books
- Create space for interdisciplinary encounters and cross-border research collaborations
- Provide support for disseminating the outputs of researchers at HUMA and in the Faculty of Humanities
- Provide researchers with the relevant training for science communication, research dissemination and public engagement
- Provide support for postgraduate (doctoral and postdoctoral) research development
- Research Development
- Postgraduate Development
- Grant Development
- Research Communication and Visibility
- Research Finance and Administration Development
- Public Engagement and Outreach
The HUMA Research & Grants Development Hub team consists of a Research Development Coordinator, Postgraduate Development Coordinator, Grant Development Coordinator, Research Communication Development Coordinator, Research Finance and Administration Development Coordinator, and Public Engagement and Outreach Coordinator.