Join the HUMA Team
We are committed to creating a supportive and intellectually stimulating working environment by building a team of diverse, energetic, empathetic and collaborative researchers, guided by responsive leadership.
At HUMA, we offer the opportunity to work in developing and intellectually stimulating Pan-African and Afropolitan space with
- a dynamic team of diverse people;
- a challenging job position with the opportunity to contribute to an important agenda and develop professionally; and
- an opportunity to shape knowledge production in Africa and globally.
Researchers at HUMA are expected to:
- Initiate new research projects and lead the execution of specific research projects/programmes
- Work in an interdisciplinary environment and systematically share results with colleagues and the public
- Engage in the Institute’s other activities such as planning and organising research seminars, workshops and conferences, policy dialogues, public engagements, publication and research dissemination activities, fund-raising and grant development, scholarship and fellowship programmes, teaching, mentorship and skills development, etc. within their areas of specialisation and expertise
- Participate actively in the preparation of research projects/programmes, review of different applications within the area of their research, fundraising and grants management
- Carry out other tasks and assignments, such as planning and facilitating academic networking
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned by the HUMA Director
There are currently no openings.
For information about a career at the University of Cape Town (UCT), visit the UCT Staff Site
See our Fellowships page